Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Three and a half years and counting!












OMG! I have not posted in a long time! I`am soooo sorry!
I have 31 days until my wedding day! I have been crazy busy! I picked up my head piece today, but I have not the slightest clue on how I`am going to wear my hair! My hair is long! All that talk about styling my hair when it became long, went out the window! Free style, braid outs and an occasional high pony are what I wear!

I really need to make an appointment at Turning Heads in Harlem. I want an updo! I had my locs in a french roll. The style was really nice. I`am determined to have an updo just like the permies!









I love these styles above! The main reason I decided on small locs is to achieve similar styles.
One of my staff nurses ask if I was going to cut my locs off for my wedding. I looked at her as if she were crazy! I asked her what gave her that idea? She was speechless.
Come on girly girl! That is why my hair is thick and natural. Miss, you wear a wig! At 50, I`am locked for life unless God hs other plans!












Blessings!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, it's so good to see you! We are so much alike. Nov 10th will be 4 years for me. I am going to be a brides maid 8/13/11 and I'm trying to figure out a hairstyle myself. I'm 50 years old too. I saw this hairstyle on youtube. It's not an updo but it's a style on how to make your locks look short. If you want to take a look go and checkout youtube my user name is rmcandlelight and look in my favorites.

Congrats on getting married. Whoo Who...I've been married for almost 28 years *-*

Rockin Robin said...

Wow, wedding in 3! Yeah!! So happy for you. Your hair is sooooo Beautiful!!!! It has really grown! Wishing you and yours the very best! God Bless! Can't wait to see the updo pics!

Bajan Lily said...

You are gorgeous and your hair is looking lovely - I can just imagine how fantastic you are going to look on your special day!

All the best!!

Terez said...

Your locs look lovely. Can't wait to see your wedding updo!

Queenlocks said...

Looking good Lady~ Nice, very Nice!
I have not heard from you in a minute, and I'm glad you are back!
*click my name for my blog*

Take Care~
http://www.queenlocks.com

Liyah nicole said...

I absolutely love love love the styles you picked out and i think you will be stunning no matter which one you choose i dont blog i have to say you have been an absolute inspration to me and my hair i paid for SL and was unable to maintain them or so i thought until i saw your tutorial on 3pt and 4pt rotations and a homemade lock tool and i m proud to say I completed my first retightning at home with some help from a good friend God bless you and god bless your union congrats!

NATURAL TB said...

Luv your blog, hair and flow! Beautiful at 50! God bless you and your marriage!

kerry said...

hello, ive never posted before, but you are so worthy of being my first. i basically got sisterlocks because of you!!

i want to say good luck and best wishes on your wedding. planning a wedding is so much fun and i miss mine!! i love the hair examples that youve chosen, i got married last year and id say my hair was along the lines of what u r looking at, you can see my hair on our website www.kerryandkeith.co.uk
i thought it might give you another idea. (in the picts i was growing the relaxer out - ive now had sisterlocks for 3 months).

whatever you style you chose, you will be beautiful and have the best time of your life.

best wishes again

Anonymous said...

congrats im getting married in a few months but my dreads are still short been racking my brain on what to do any ideas pleaseee

Indigolocs said...

Congratulations on your new marriage! Your youtube videos have been such a help to me! Thank you so much for those and enjoy your honeymoon!

Kumina said...

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! I know you will be the most beautiful bride. I can't wait to see the pictures. God bless the union of the two of you. Love ya, Kumina

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Thank you all for your blessings! I`am married! I just come back from my honeymoon. I`am no longer getting up or going to bed with wedding planning on my MIND! I feel so free! I have other weddings to plan, but not mine! I will post pictures soon!

Blessings to you all!