Monday, January 19, 2009

CLEANSE AND HEAL THYSELF





"Do you not know your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own: you were bought with a price. Therefore honor your God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Even though this scripture pertains to sexual immorality, it also pertains to how we choose to care for our bodies. I began my second phase of healing when I made a commitment to go napptural. The first, was when I allowed God to reign over my life!

I discovered that the ingredients found in hair and skin products that I was using pre-napptural, was damaging and polluting my skin and scalp.


I began to research and rediscovered natural products. I began using natural oils, butters, and essential oils on my scalp, hair, and body. I enjoyed making shampoos and skin butters. I had no idea through my loc journey, that I would be so enlightened.


I started strengthening my hair two months before I locked by drinking wheat grass smoothies. I found the recipe when I was lurking on Blaqkofi`s blog. At first, it taste like grass. After I adjusted the recipe, I drink it every morning!






Wheat Grass Recipe


8oz. organic soy milk
1 banana
1/2c wild blueberries
4 strawberries
1tbs powdered protein
1tbs lecithin granules
1tsp wheatgrass
1tsp spirulina
1 packet of stevia



I`AM A VEGETARIAN!
In October of 08, I decided to become a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. ( A vegetarian who on occasions eats dairy and egg products) I chose to transition to lacto-ovo, because I love cheese and ice cream. I `am not an egg person, but I use them mainly in recipes.

I was not a red meat eater. I ate chicken, turkey, and fish in very small portions. It was easy for me to drop meat. As a result, in six weeks, I had dropped 10 lbs!

As a vegetarian, I have prepared and eatened vegetables that I would not consider, Spaghetti squash. Who knew? I stay in the kitchen, now. I was not a kitchen person. I love a beautiful and large kitchen.I used it for everything except to cook. Now you can`t keep me out! Who would have known that vegetarian food taste so good!

Every Sunday, I pick two new dishes to prepare. I freeze one for the middle of the week. I can`t cook every day! My sons love the dishes that I cook and they do not miss the meat. They told me as long as I continue to cook, I can make what ever I wanted. Since my baby boy is still growing, I prepare a meat dish for him every Sunday.

Transitioning to vegetarianism is a health choice, but you have to eat the right combination of food to curtail protein, iron, and calcium deficiencies.

I bought a vegetarian book, and three vegetarian cook books to help me with my vegetarian diet!








BODY, MIND, AND SPIRITUAL CONDITIONING.


Regular exercise help to tone up your mental, physical, and spiritual senses! Exercise helps to firm and tone your body, burn calories, digest food, and de-stress, and unclutter the mind. Everyone should exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

I`am a step aerobic freak! I had to recently modify my aerobic routine to prevent knee injury. I do low impact aerobics followed by Nautilus weight circuit training. I also practice Hatha yoga and Tai-chi to help channel my spirit to the "Almighty Creator".

By keeping our spirits, souls, and bodies in tip top shape, then, we can truly do God`s work!






6 comments:

Unknown said...

The smoothie looks so good. I got out of the habit now I need to get back drinking my smoothies as well. I wish I can become a vegetarian. I don't eat alot of meat but its so hard. I have to keep trying though. Yes, exercise is really important. Thanks for sharing:)

Kicukalah said...

Good Post! I have been thinking of going vegetarian. I love food and different kinds. I really enjoy cooking. It helps to relieve stress for me. I take frequent peeks at Meikmeika's blog called "Lock & Don't Stop!!" She has some very tasty looking veggie recipes posted.

NubianLockedPrincess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NubianLockedPrincess said...

Its not as hard as you think! I began cooking with the Ethnic Vegetarian cookbook. It has some very tasty recipes. I`am learning how to cook with tofu products. They are not bad. I just make what I use to cook without the meat. I love caribbean, african, and haitian dishes. So I search the net for vegetarian versions of my favorite dishes.

Brian Jefferies said...

Awesome Blog! I'm following you now.

KnottyAuthor said...

I USED TO BE INTO STEP AEOROBICS-LOVE IT! BUT THE KNEE THING STARTED TO BOTHER ME 2. IM INTO YOGA AND PILATES AND AFRICAN DANCE NOW....GOOD POSTS!