Monday, February 1, 2016

SISTERLOCKS: MONTH TWO! MY HAIR FLOW!

 
 
I completed month two of my SisterLock journey! I went to my consultant for my one month follow up. I had enough growth for a re-ti. It took my consultant four hours to re tighten my hair. My consultant recommended that I come back to her in two months.



A month later, month two, I had enough hair growth for 1-2 rotations! One of my locks at the nap almost slipped out, so I decided to re-tighten it. Before I knew it, I had re-tighten back of my head! I really wanted my consultant to manage it for the first six months! I could not resist! After all, I`am a DIYer!
I plan to keep my appointment with my consultant at the end of February. It took me three damn days to re-ti my hair! I do not know about all of these locs! I`am getting to old for this, but I love my locs!



I changed up my hair flow! I tried the new Sisterlocks shampoo! Girls, it was horrible! My hair felt so stripped and dry! I reached for the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo that I use to clean my makeup brushes! It is really nice! It actually placed moisture back in my hair. When my hair dried, it did not feel dried out! My scalp did not itch. Suave will be my new best friend until I`am locked. Then, I will go back to Taliah Waajid Total Body Black Earth Shampoo.

 


 I have no problems with hair growth. I could not resist the claims of Jamaican Black Castor Oil! I placed a cap full of JBCO in a small jar with five drops each of Tea tree, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils. I apply the oil only to the scalp with my finger tip! Castor oil is thick, so it stays where you place it!

Enough on my hair! Until Next Time! Stay Blessed!
 

 

7 comments:

R. O. said...

Greetings! Your new SL looks great! I hope you will enjoy them. My locking journey ended in Oct. 2015... I have a few new pics on my blog.
Take Care~

Unknown said...

Hello...glad to see you restarting your SLs. I followed your 1st journey. I too am on my 2nd set. I maintained my first set...but said I would let a consultant manage this set. I may rethink that though. What pattern are you using this time? I asked for a 3pt rotation this time and like the fullness that it provides.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

QueenLocks! How are you?! There are times when you have to try something new! Your hair is so pretty and thick! I pray you will enjoy your loose journey!
After three attempts to enjoy loose hair, I cannot manage my hair without a relaxer. Shoot! I could not manage my relaxed hair with damage. Locks work with my present life style. One day, I know the time will come that I will cut if off and sport a TWA!

Beast Bryce, My third lock journey is a charm. My consultant started my locks with a reverse 4 pattern, then she re-tied with a 3 point pattern.I did my own second re-ti with a 3 point pattern. My hair grows fast, so I will be re tightening ever 4-6 weeks. I will be going to my consultant until my hair begins to lock.
I pray that you enjoy your locs the second time around!

KnottyAuthor said...

Nice progress!

KnottyAuthor said...

You still locked?

Unknown said...

i missed seeing you on you tube. you have inspired me i have got sisterlocks and they are very very short. and the grids showing a lot, i can't wait until they fill in. Can you post a video how you re tight your sisterlocks. miss you Nubian Princess

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Hello Bernita Cobb. Thank you for following my blog and youtube channel. I did not think anyone really watched my channel anymore. It`s so many people on youtube now.I put a Youtube video out years ago on how to re-ti locs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgrRXZwmqLg&t=115s