Saturday, August 2, 2014

MY COLOR ROUTINE!

 

When I began to relax my hair, I had to find a semi-permanent color that would reduce damage and not dry my hair out! I did not want to use box color.When my beautician would color my hair, I would break my neck to see what she used. I saw her bring a silver gray bottle out of the supply room. I went to Sally`s beauty supply to find that silver gray bottle. It was Clairol Beautiful Collection advance gray solution. My hair was reddish brown, so I selected Mahogany Red Brown. The color matched that week.

From that day on, after she would apply the color, I would look at the color she had applied. I loved her, but as I noted in a previous post, I never left her salon with the same color. She would sometimes mix two to three colors to get what she ENVISIONED for my hair! I would take note of the brand and the color names! she mixed brands too! LOL!

I noticed that she would not use a shampoo for color on my hair to retain my hair color. The color would go right down the drain probably prompting here to apply color again, adding to my bill.

 After two salon visits, I took theory classes in cosmetology. I needed to know the principals behind taking care of my hair. I did not want to be a cosmetologist. I did find out there is a lot of beauticians taking short cuts when beautifying clients. I rather not put scalp and hair in their hands including mine! I went back to natural hair and embracing it! 

After Coloring your hair:





* Rinse color out of hair with cool water.
* Shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. It    has they have UV protectants and antioxidants to prevent fading.
* Hold heat! Heat contributes to color fading.
Here is a great article on color treated hair:

 Color Treated Shampoos
  


Karacare are great products for women of color! Their shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair are great for making your color last!

I always use a leave in conditioner. Cream of Nature is a good one!

 


 Until next time!

BLESSINGS!
I

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back and starting another loc journey soon. i learned so much from your blog before you left. I have had my micro braidlocs a little over a year, and have always used the blue yarn needles from walmart that I learned how to make from your tutorial. I remember when you lost your nappy loc tool, so I put mine up and have never used it. I just bought new needles cause some of my locs have gotten too big for the needles I made, so I made more in different sizes. Welcome back. God Bless.

KnottyAuthor said...

HA! You and I are beauty school dropouts! How about that! I'm not a quitter but when I learned the theory of cosmetology it went against everything I believed. If I had to unlearn everything I believed in (curly hair, no chems etc..) in that enviornment then it was not for me. I love this post will bookmark!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

@ Gale Burrell, Iam so happy to be back! This blog is like a mode of out reach and witnessing at the same time! Iam so happy that you were abe to take somethings from my post and apply it to your life. I bought another NLT, but I rather use the plastic needles because they glide through the hair!

@ Cheleski! Yes I do not wish to apply a theory that is damaging to women`s hair! There are time when you have to realize there is a pot of gold on the over side of the rainbow!

KnottyAuthor said...

hey, i'm off for a while..maybe for permanent, don't know yet. i'll b around to ck and support you though. blessings.